I actually managed to crochet something for me. A little cowl that I just plunged into - no pattern - make it up as I go along - practicing my single crochet and double crochet and dc1 ch1 sk1*. Seriously. Learning the lingo is more of a challenge than learning the actual stitches. :)
I used yarn that I had on hand (about half a skein of Lion Brand Homespun) and kept at it until I ran out. I will not be winning any prizes with this wonky first attempt, but I'm happy with it. Plus, it is pretty snuggly around my neck.
For the last few days I've been working on an afghan from a book I checked out from the library. It only has 2 row variations, so I don't have too much to keep track of while I watch the Olympics. If I get bored with it before it is afghan length maybe my mom's church can use it as a prayer shawl.
Okay, must get on with my One Yard Wonder assignment for the month. So far I've cooked the cauli and selected the fabric. But I'm not very enthusiastic about getting behind the sewing machine. Hopefully that will change between now and Sunday.