- Time Warner Cable for Tim's layoff and for K-State giving us a new direction.
- Gene Fritzel Construction, for 12 years of wonderful friendships and being able to leave work at work.
- Mr. Ransone, my 9th grade Civics teacher, who informed me in 1983 that our generation was screwed and we'd better start saving now, because there would be no social security left once we were done paying for the baby boomers. Because we had saved we didn't have to sell one house before getting settled in another.
- The help of our families and becoming closer than ever. It has been wonderful spending time at our old house with my cousin, Jody, as she helps me get it ready for the next step. My mom and her cousin, Lois, have rekindled their sisterly bond as well.
- My Grandma Jean. We were so lucky to have her with us for so long.
- Old friends who have encouraged us and new friends that have welcomed us.
- This space and those of you that stop by. Thank you for hanging in there during my long and unexpected blogging break this year. Your "checking in" e-mails during my absence warmed my heart and your friendship gives me new confidence.