That's how long it has been since my last blog post. Rather pathetic. And yet, that is how I am feeling at the moment. Nothing I'm doing is particularly blog-worthy, but I guess I'll go ahead and fill you in:
- I went to the pumpkin patch with Eliot's class
- I went on a field trip with Aidin's class
- I took a friend to and from her colonoscopy
- I belly danced at a school fund raiser
- I spent five of the last six weekend days as a single parent, thanks to Tim working football games - that's not a complaint, it is just a fact. I'll taking the padding to the holiday fund. :)
- I attended a funeral visitation and sent a sympathy card for another I couldn't attend
- I made a birthday bag and pencil roll
- I had a night out with my girlfriends
- I worked in the school garden
- I organized Halloween costumes for my family, went to a potluck Halloween party/bonfire and took the kids to Trunk or Treat
- I enjoyed a fusion concert of jazz and middle eastern music with my belly dance friends
- I planned and organized Aidin's class Halloween party for tomorrow. I'm baking cupcakes tonight.
- I held a Brownie Girl Scout meeting and took the troop roller skating
- I experimented with the same granola bar recipe three times. It still needs a little work, but it's coming along
- I started Christmas shopping and making lists
- We FINALLY finished watching all of Battlestar Gallactica
- We are halfway through watching Roots
I've also been blog reading, which has made me wanty. Wanty for more time in my day, more organization in my life. What I really would like to do is quit my day job and just volunteer at school and stay home and be domestic. Too bad that doesn't pay the bills. Despite the fact that we lead a rather frugal existence, we still like having my paycheck to pay down the mortgage and car loan and keep us otherwise debt free. Maybe once the little man is in public school...
And at the moment I have a couple of pentagon baby ballsin production, a boy's toothfairy pillow to complete, some birthday and baby shower gifts. So if I drop off the blogosphere again, you'll know where I am. Just busy....
Mwwwah! - L